Next year will be the 75th anniversary of D-Day, the allied invasion of German occupied Normandy in France. To commemorate this BSAC are ‘facilitating’ an expedition to dive some of the wrecks from the invasion, i.e. while they will oversee the exped, it is up to individual clubs to actually put the exped together.
More details can be found at the web address below
but the key points are:
- Exped dates between 26 July and 3 August 2019 (with clubs going for as long or as short a period as they want).
- Suitable for Sports Diver or above due to the depths that most wrecks are at.
- Outline options are;
- Club takes own boat across (self sail or ferry)
- Club books a French hardboat
- Individuals book spaces on French hardboats
- Club/Individuals dive with a French charter
I am keen that as a Club we build upon the Red Sea expedition earlier in the Summer and do more expeditions in the future; this would therefore be an excellent opportunity to have a challenging Club expedition next year however it needs a core of members with the correct qualifications who are ultimately willing to undertake this and organise / run it. Therefore if you are interested in being involved please e-mail me back on firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 Sep 18 so I can get a sense of the interest levels and then submit an expression of interest with BSAC as necesaary.